Version 18.8.0 – 19 Jul 2018
- Fixed: Volume issue on WPC machines
Version 18.7.0 – 05 Jul 2018
- New: PinSound Self-Diagnosis
- New: automatic check of sound files
- New: sound designer environnement mode
- Improved: no speaker pop at startup / shutdown
- New: Whitestar change mix supported
- Improved: Whitestar compatibility
Version 18.3.0 – 25 May 2018
- Fixed: volume management for DCS machines
- Improved: internal bus communication
- New: support ordered sound files calls for the same sound event
- New: support ordered sound files calls between different sound events
- first PinSound+ firmware version
Select your pinball machine and download the sound package you want to play with.
Copy the complete zip file (do not uncompress) on the root of the flash drive.
During the next boot, the PinSound board will automatically install your new sound package.
Note: the flash drive is required during a regular game, do not unplug it after installing the sound package
During the startup sequence, the status LED will blink accordingly to the system detected:
- 2 white blinks: WPC-89
- 3 white blinks: WPC-DCS
- 4 white blinks: WPC-95
- 5 white blinks: WHITESTAR
- 6 white blinks: DATA-EAST
- 7 white blinks: SYSTEM-11
Regular startup sequence
During a normal startup, the LED status will show the 4 following status:
- white lit
- white blinks (accordingly to the system detected)
- green lit: the board is ready
- orange: weak power supply or undervoltage detected
- red: amplifiers overcurrent detected
- blue: engine error
- blue + potentiometers all in blue: missing USB flash drive
Sub Bass / EQ Bass / EQ Medium / EQ Treble: adjust the digital equalizer to provide the sound exactly as you like it
Sub Booster: boost the volume of your subwoofer
Headphones station volume: adjust the gain of your headphones station
If you put multiple sound packages on the same flash drive, you can change mixes during the game at any time by using the volume control.
WPC89, WPC-DCS, WPC95: set the volume to 0 two consecutive times using the door volume control.
DATA-EAST, System 11: you can change your sound package on-the-fly (if you have at least 2 different sound packages on the flash drive) by double turning (double tap) to the minimum (on the left) the coin box volume potentiometer
- A preview of the new mix will then be played.
- Then turn back the volume to the desired level
Repeat the previous steps to change to another mix or revert to the first one.
Important note: on WPC machines, you may have to change your settings to allow “min. volume override” (to be able to reach 0)
if you copy your own “boot.wav” sound file in your “audio” folder, the PinSound board will play this file instead of the standard startup sound.
The PinSound board is able to run and write down a self-diagnosis file on the USB flash drive.
You can open this file at the root of the flash drive: pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt
In this file, you’ll get different information like:
- PINSOUND FIRMWARE VERSION
- POWER SUPPLIES (5V MEASURED, AMPLIFIER VOLTAGE MEASURED, …)
- SYSTEM DETECTED